CapinTech, a CapinCrouse Company
In 1999, Lisa Traina, CPA, CITP, CGMA performed her first IT audit for a community financial institution client in Louisiana. Operating as Lisa D. Traina, CPA, L.L.C., she continued to add financial institution clients and eventually staff members. As a result of continued growth and expansion beyond the financial institution market, the firm became Traina & Associates in 2012. On January 1, 2017, Traina & Associates merged with CapinCrouse LLP. We’re now known as CapinTech.
CapinTech provides audit and consulting services to financial institutions; nonprofit organizations; hospitals and medical practices; professional service firms; auto industry dealers; manufacturing, industrial, and construction entities; educational institutions; and other small businesses. Each year the firm performs hundreds of audit and consulting engagements with a team of experienced professionals retaining numerous certifications, including CPA, CISSP, CISA, CITP, CGMA and CTGA.
For every engagement, the staff of highly trained professionals completes review procedures in an efficient manner to produce a comprehensive assessment of the client’s Information Systems area. All audit reports are tailored for the unique makeup, size and complexity of the organization being audited. Reports are written in a concise manner, making them easy to read and understand by Management and Directors having a variety of IT expertise.
CapinTech has been honored five times as a member of the LSU 100 list of the top 100 fastest growing Tiger-led businesses. The firm was recognized for Best Use of Audit Management Technology at ACL’s 15th Annual Impact Awards in 2013. The company and its audit software provider, ACL, were honored with the 2013 GRC Value Award in the Audit Management Category by GRC analyst firm GRC 20/20.
In the news
- Journal of Accountancy – What to do when the cloud goes down
- The Nonprofit Times – Remote Desktop Protocol
- Louisiana CPA Society’s Lagniappe Magazine – Keeping Data Secure for Remote Workers
- XPastor – The Inherent Risk of Guest WiFi Access at Your Church
- Outcomes Magazine – Cyber Guardians
- AICPA “Go Beyond Disruption” Podcast – Why Your Business WANTS To Be Hacked
- Journal of Accountancy – How cybercriminals prey on victims of natural disasters
- Church Law and Tax – Protecting Your Church from Cyber Threats
- Bloomberg Tax – What Accountants Need to Know About New EU Privacy Regulations
- AICPA – Why cybercriminals are targeting CPAs
- Louisiana CPA Society’s Lagniappe Magazine – Information Technology vs Cybersecurity: Why Do We Need Both?
- The Nonprofit Times – Your Nonprofit Has RATs Spying On You Right Now
- NBC Nightly News – Hackers target CPA computer network [Video]
- Louisiana CPA Society’s Lagniappe Magazine – 10 Cybersecurity Questions You Should be Asking
- Christian Academia Magazine – Ransomware Attack: Malware in Its Cruelest Form
- Christian Academia Magazine – 3 Steps to Stronger Passwords
- International Federation of Accountants – Accountants, Skills & Cybersecurity [Video]
- Journal of Accountancy – Simple steps to boost cybersecurity [Video]
- Journal of Accountancy – Reality: 100% protection against cyber threats is impossible [Video]
- AICPA Insights – Four Steps to Fortifying Your Cybersecurity
- Insight Magazine (The Church Network) – Cybersecurity: Best Practices for Churches
- Anthology Magazine – How to Strengthen Your Cybersecurity Defenses
- Louisiana CPA Society’s Lagniappe Magazine – Knocking Out Cybercrime
- The Nonprofit Times – 4 Steps For Next Level Cybersecurity
- Christian Academia Magazine – 5 Steps to Strengthen Your Institution’s Cybersecurity Defenses
- Church Finance Today – Six Ways Churches Can Thwart New Email Threat
- Baptist Educator – 5 Steps to Strengthen Your Institution’s Cybersecurity Defenses
- Journal of Accountancy Round Table Discussion
- Journal of Accountancy – 5 Steps CPAs Can Take to Fight Hackers
- AICPA CPA Insider – Top 5 Cybersecurity Solutions for CPAs
- AICPA CPA Insider – Top 5 Cybersecurity Risks for CPAs
- Louisiana CPA Society’s Lagniappe Magazine – Cyber Security – Risk Is In Your Future
- Journal of Accountancy – How Small Businesses Can Keep Data Secure
- Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – Best Advice Received